Wireless network penetration testing
Now more than ever industry is valuing mobility and flexibility for operations, staff and data. Wireless networks are essential for businesses to simply remain competitive. The significant reliance on effective wireless networks for access to data, services and systems means a secure wireless network should be regarded as a business-critical asset.
Our experts are the ones to trust when it comes to your cyber security
Here’s what our customers say about us
This was a very straightforward process. I had enough information up front to understand the process, and did not need to ask many questions along the way. Great service!Jonathan Lochhass
What is wireless penetration testing?
Wireless networks are particularly susceptible to cyber criminals. Attacks can be difficult to detect and defend against due to the diffuse nature of potential threat actors. Wireless penetration testing allows companies to stress-test their wireless networks and identify security vulnerabilities enabling them to operate with confidence moving forward. A robust wireless network allows your business to operate safely, securely and most importantly without any significant downtime.
Wireless penetration testing seeks to identify weaknesses in wireless architectures by analysing and inspecting:
- Packets– network traffic travelling via TCP/IP protocols.
- Access points– devices that create the wireless local area network WLAN.
- Rogue devices– devices that are connected to the network without permission to access it.
- Encryption features– wireless encryption via WEP, WPA and WPA2 protocols.
- Patching levels– identifies the most recent bug fixes and available software updates.
Benefits of testing your wireless security
Our wireless pen testing experts will detect potential cyber threats to your business and build a complete security strategy to ensure your business is cyber resilient.
- Uncover vulnerabilities and poor security strategies
- Exploit wireless network security flaws
- Expose insecure functionality in your wireless systems
- Improve security throughout your software development lifecycle
We understand the threat landscape evolves at pace. As standard, Bulletproof offers 12 months of free vulnerability scanning with every penetration testing package. Trust us to safeguard what matters most
Common Wireless Network Vulnerabilities
Top 5 most common wireless network vulnerabilities we have found when pen testing:
- Authentication attacks (23%)
- Network Security Level (23%)
- Pre-Shared key security (18%)
- WPS devices (9%)
- AP isolation (5%)
of network vulnerabilities are easily fixed
of these will be exploited by cyber criminals
Our Wireless Pen Testing Methodology & Service
Scope definition & pre-engagement interactions
Based on your defined goals, we’ll work with you to develop a tailored testing strategy.
A wireless network penetration test is a comprehensive security review where a qualified tester takes on the role of a hacker. They’ll attempt to uncover and exploit security vulnerabilities or misconfigurations specific to your wireless network. Wireless network penetration testing provides vital information on how to secure your app and, ultimately, helps keep your organisation secure online.
All our tests are bespoke and tailored to your specific requirements. Get in touch with our team for a free, no-obligation quote.
After our team of experts complete the wireless app penetration testing, you will receive a comprehensive report that will contain the following:
- All risks based on the current server/ application setup/configuration
- Vulnerabilities and running services for the servers and applications
- What has been done to exploit each security issue
- Remediation steps
- Near-term and long-term actions
All testing programmes are bespoke to your needs and organisation so please use the above as a guide.
- Small apps, networks, cloud systems: 2-3 days
- Medium apps, networks, cloud systems: 5-10 days
- Larger apps, networks, cloud systems:10 days+
All tests are tailored to you so use this as a guide.
We approached Bulletproof as one of several suppliers who offer penetration testing services. Out of all those contacted, Bulletproof were by far the most professional and slick to work with. From start to finish, the whole process was painless and ran like clockwork. The conclusive pen test report was succinct with clear steps of resolution provided. We were genuinely impressed with how easy Bulletproof were to work with, and would definitely recommend.Eleanor Blacklock KURVE, Product Manager